As twenty-first-century Jews, we have become accustomed to using critical thinking to approach the world around us.
Learning the News encourages readers to apply the same skills to the news stories they read through the lens of Torah.
- May one act as an undercover agent in order to help the police apprehend drug traffickers?
- Is one permitted to interrupt his Shemoneh Esreh to run to a bomb shelter, when protected by the Iron Dome?
- What does the Torah say about standing up to bullies?
- Is it permitted to make human statues of sand or snow?
- Is a person permitted to trade himself on the stock market?