The Jewish year is filled with all types of minhagim. Did you ever wonder what the source, requirement, and obligation of these classical seasonal customs are?
- Do you have to dip an apple in honey on Rosh HaShanah?
- What is the source and reason for masquerading on Purim?
- What is Lag BaOmer all about?
- How much do I really have to clean for Pesach?
- What are the limits on traveling during the Nine Days?
In The Making of a Minhag, these questions and many more are addressed clearly and thoroughly with extensive footnotes, revealing the process and development of Jewish customs. In addition, it provides a fundamental understanding of the de?nition, power, creation, changeability and abolishment of personal, family, and communal customs.
Learn about the beauty, richness, and majesty of minhagim we are privileged to practice throughout the year and gain a greater appreciation and deeper feeling toward this important part of our lives.
By: Rabbi Moshe Walter
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.